NATIONAL INSTITUTIONAL STARTUP POLICY (NISP)
NISP @ KATHIR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Kathir College of Engineering (KCE) will be implementing NISP in following ways. Implementing NISP can help to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among students, providing them with the skills and resources they need to start their own businesses, and helping them to make a positive impact on the economy and society.
- Incubation centers: Setting up incubation centers within engineering colleges where students can work on their startup ideas and receive mentorship, funding, and other resources.
- Student competitions: Organizing student competitions and hackathons to encourage innovation and startup development among engineering students.
- Industry partnerships: Building partnerships between engineering colleges and industry partners, to provide students with access to real-world experience and networking opportunities.
- Funding: Providing funding for student startups through grants, loans, or other financial instruments.
- Mentorship: Setting up mentorship programs to connect students with experienced entrepreneurs and innovators who can provide guidance and advice.
- Guest lectures and workshops: Organizing guest lectures and workshops on entrepreneurship and innovation, to give students exposure to the latest trends and practices in the field.
- Networking events: Organizing networking events that bring together students, faculty, industry partners, and investors to promote collaboration and idea sharing.
- Start-up clubs: Encouraging students to form start-up clubs and give them access to resources, mentorship, and networking opportunities.
- Incubation and acceleration programs: Creating incubation and acceleration programs to support early-stage startups, help them to develop their ideas, and connect them with customers and investors.
COMPOSITION OF NISP IMPLEMENTATION COMMITTEE @ KCE
Co-ordinator – NISP
Dr. V. Gomathy
Mr. David Baburaj
Dr. S V Arun
Internal Expert – II
Mr. Nirmal Kumar
Mr. Antony Pearl Jeyam
Dr V. Gomathy