H.E. Mr. CLAUDIO ANSORENA, Ph.D
- Costa Rican Ambassador to India. (June 2019 to present)
- Representative for Central America in the Board of Directors of the World Bank of the chair of Venezuela, Spain, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, and Costa Rica. (December 2014- July 2017).
- General Manager of RECOPE (Oil Refinery Company of Costa Rica) (June 2014- November 2014).
- Director/Professor of the Master Program in “Socially Responsible Management and Sustainable Development” United Nations University for Peace. Ciudad Colón, Costa Rica (August 2011 to August 2013).
- General Coordinator (August 2005-April 2008) for the IDB program 1284/OC-CR: Registration and Cadastre Regularization Program of Costa Rica.
- Director of Planning, Central American Integration Secretariat (SICA), San Salvador, El Salvador (January-May 2005).
- Director, Office of the Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (FTAA), June 1997- May 1998 Ministry of Foreign Trade of Costa Rica.
- IDB Economist, Integration and Trade Division, September 1994-June 1997, Washington, D.C.
- IDB Strategic Programming Officer, February 1991-September 1994, Washington, D.C.
- Ph.D., Economics, 1994, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Massachusetts (emphasis on Macroeconomics, Political Economy, Development, International Trade and Finance)
- M.S., Economics, 1986, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Massachusetts
- Visiting Fellow at Harvard University 1987-1989.
- B.S., Economics, 1983, Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica
- Specialized studies on Project Evaluation, Economic Planning and Macroeconomics in Developing Countries, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts (1987-1989)
- Project Management courses with ADN University as basis for the PMI certificate
- Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, El Salvador, México, Nicaragua, Panamá, Perú, Uruguay, USA, Surinam, Venezuela and India
HONORS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Fulbright Scholar (1984-1989)
- Visiting Fellow at Harvard University (1987-1989)