About the Department
M.E Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is introduced in the year 2012. It is an Academic programme that combines the fields of Computer Engineering and Computer Science. Computer Science Engineering (CSE) with emphasis on Digital Transformation Technologies, industry leaders have immediately endorsed in CSE with a focus on Digital Transformation Technologies. CSE Will be powered by a Practical based learning approach that allows the instructor and a group of students to shape the learning style based on the learners’ profiles and create an atmosphere that promotes constructivism and collaboration. The practical based learning approach includes a flipped classroom model and a special mastery learning framework. The department supports in-depth foundation in computer science research. We also offer dynamic and diverse association with other branches. Our main objective is to give our students a perspective to transform the society of computing. Computer Engineering has always been one of the popular choices for career options for young minds.
Our department of Computer Science Engineering teaches students about the basics of CSE like Operating Systems, Database Management, Object Oriented Programming, Networking, etc. Computer Engineers are solidly upskilled in the theories and principles of computing, mathematics, and engineering; and apply these theoretical principles to design electronic circuits, software, networks, and computerized equipment and instruments to solve the problems in various application domains. This will allow graduates to contribute to any application wherever computers are used. This is mainly because the field branches out into various other specializations such as networking, computation, algorithms, programming languages, programme design, computer software, computer hardware, thereby creating a unique career path for Computer Engineers graduates.
To empower students with latest skills in the ever-changing field of Computer Science & Engineering supplemented with practical orientation to meet the growing needs of the modern computing industry and society.
M1 To achieve academic excellence by providing fundamental concepts and advanced technologies in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
M2 Motivate the students to update with the latest computer technologies to succeed in the ever-changing world.
M3 To provide holistic education to practice profession ethically with leadership quality.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
PEO 1: The graduates shall exhibit exemplary fundamental knowledge in basic engineering to analyse and solve problems in the field of computer science and engineering
PEO 2: To make the graduates technically sound in order to help them to adapt to emerging technological changes.
PEO 3: To demonstrate professional capabilities and motivation for sustain life long career.
Programme Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics, responsibilities, and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the 21 engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs)
PSO1 Able to apply the knowledge gained during the course of the program to formulate and solve real life, complex software engineering problems faced in IT industries.
PSO2 To learn more techniques and update new skill sets as per the latest trend in software technology
PSO3 Able to apply the knowledge of ethical and management principles required to work in a team as well as to lead a team
PSO4 The Able to comprehend and write effective project reports in multidisciplinary environment in the context of changing technologies
Highlights of the Department
Association with reputed companies / industries
Offers Value Added Programs and certification courses
Associated with various professional bodies
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) is committed for ensuring great professions for its students. CSE gives serious students like you the skills needed to launch successful careers. The department has a team of highly experienced and motivated faculty members who are in process of tuning the young minds to make them globally competitive. The motivation is not just to nurture their technical skills but to provide professional grooming and guidance so that our students come-up as thorough professionals and inspiring individuals. Department of Computer Engineering endeavors to provide best professional opportunities to our students and look forward to their bright future.